An online promotional and news source for all Oklahoma writers, authors, artists, publishers, or creatives who work with Oklahoma related materials. We are especially supportive of independent authors and small presses.

Search This Blog

1/30/12

BURN DOWN THE GROUND - Kambri Crews

From  life in a tin shed to a successful New York City writer, publicist, speaker, actress, and producer may seem the stuff of a fairy tale, but it also describes in brief the life of Tulsa born Kambri Crews.  She is also author of the forthcoming book Burn Down the Ground: A Memoir (Random House, Feb. 2012) and will be in OKC at Full Circle Books on April 15th from 2:00 - 4:00.

"While I currently live in NYC," the author notes, "I was born in Tulsa and my parents went to the state school for the deaf in Sulphur. Many of our friends and family still live in the area."  
 
More can be found on her  website www.kambricrews.com. A press kit can be downloaded here. Finally, here is an excerpt from her book on Scribd.com.

Crews explains Burn Down the Ground: A Memoir (Random House) is about "my childhood living in a tin shack with my deaf family and my relationship with my dad who is serving twenty years for attempted murder." Publishers Weekly thinks it's awesome and it's available for pre-order on Amazon.com & other fun internet sites.