An online promotional and news source for all Oklahoma writers, authors, artists, publishers, or creatives who work with Oklahoma related materials. We are especially supportive of independent authors and small presses.

Search This Blog

5/13/14

Author Charley Jordan

Moonshiner's Son: Becomes Multi-Millionaire is a true rags to riches story. It is a memoir about how a poor country boy captured the American dream. 

"I was born in Tahlequah, Oklahoma and grew up very poor in the hills north of town and my dad was a moonshiner. When I was 15 years old I started hanging chickens in a poultry processing plant for $1.18 per hour during the summer months. My teachers and class mates made fun of me for working in a chicken plant because it was an undesirable place to work. After graduating from high school, I went back to hanging chickens. At age 32 I had absolutely nothing, not even any clothes. At age 52 I retired as a president of a major poultry company in Siloam Springs, Arkansas (the same company I started hanging chickens for) and was a multimillionaire. Some stories are funny and some are sad. Moonshiner's Son inspires people to never give up on their dreams."

This book is for young adults and adults.

It is available in paperback and ebook on line through Amazon, Barnes and Noble and elsewhere. Ingram is a wholesale distributor also. Moonshiner's Son has 24 reviews on Amazon with a 5 star rating.